What is this about?
Amazing Kindly Clipper is a free tool created to make Amazon Kindle user’s life easier. Essentially, it is a parser that organizes the highlights, notes, and bookmarks from ‘My Clippings.txt’, letting you sort, search and filter your clippings, with exporting capabilities to CSV, TXT and HTML. Available here for Windows.
Note: If you had already installed the 0.1 version make sure to uninstall it prior to installing 0.2.
How to use Amazing Kindly Clipper
Detailed instructions here, (also in zipped files, see README.txt).
Fixes, changes and new features
- Added progress bars offering visual feedback with big files, program doesn’t look unresponsive anymore.
- Added Clear button next to query box, user is now able to clear search terms and reset database to its original state in a single mouse click.
- Added Folder Selection for data exports: now user can create or select destination folder on exporting the resulting file.
- Optimized parser function, process is now up to 5X times faster.
- Added automatic shortcut to desktop on installable version.
- Added the possibility to resize windows without getting the layout messed up.
- Added language autoselection depending on format and language input (can still be manually set up too).
- Added text wrapping in “Text” field in database, so that long clippings are properly shown.
- Fixed bug that crashed the program where either Language or File Path were not properly selected.
- Simplified interface, removed Confirm button on Main Window.
- Simplified preview, now it shows a limited number of lines instead of previewing the whole file.
- Improved database layout, added colours and changed headers from variable names to category names.
- Improved general stability and tolerance to corrupt or non-standard files.
- Greatly improved format compatibility, program won’t crash due to unrecognized fields, adding default per-language values for missing fields instead.
- Greatly improved date recognition.
Known issues and limitations
- Some dates can’t be parsed yet on a number of formats, 01/01/0001 is shown.
- Compatibility still limited to English and Spanish languages.
- Progress bar animation may not work properly in Browse Clipping window.
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or
distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled
binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors
of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the
software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit
of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and
successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of
relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this
software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to <http://unlicense.org>.